Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures, which can quickly dry out the flowers and cause wilting.
- If your flowers came in plastic, remove this as soon as possible.
- Do not place your arrangement near fruit or in the path of cigarette smoke. The ethylene gas is detrimental to many flower types.
- Avoid placing flower arrangements in windowsills and other areas with full sun where flowers can wilt due to overheating.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.
- Place loose stems or wrapped bouquets of fresh flowers in your water mixture as soon as possible.
- For best results, cut stems with a sharp knife at an angle about one to two inches from the bottom. This allows them to better absorb water. Do not use scissors to cut your flowers because they can crush the stems and prevent water absorption.
- Keep your vase filled with water! All flower and foliage stems should be submerged. Flowers stay fresher, longer when they can get a drink!
- Watch your water. When it gets cloudy it’s time to change it out.
We guarantee lush fresh blooms upon delivery and with the proper care your flowers should remain beautiful for one to two weeks before they begin the natural process of wilting. Keep your flowers away from extreme temperatures such as heat and cold, away from vents and out of direct sunlight. To keep your blooms looking fresh and to extend their life, gently part the flowers at the top center of the arrangement and pour 3/4 cup of cool water down the center every three to four days to keep them hydrated. When your flowers have reached their lifespan, reach into the sides of the box and pull up the plastic lining out of the box with flowers and discard. The box can be reused as a beautiful storage vessel of your choosing.